Browse by Category
- All categories
- African American Heritage
- Civil War History
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Outdoor Adventure
- Family Fun
- Dining & Culinary
- Scenic Drives
- Festivals and Events
- Historic Cities & Towns
- Visitor Snapshots
- Wineries and Breweries
- Francis Scott Key
- Destination Frederick County Videos
- Visitor Information
- One Day In......
Family Fun Between the Holidays
Posted in: Family Fun
New Year’s is a week away and the kids are home from school. The new toys and electronics will only hold out so long. What do you do next?
Here are 6 ways to have some family fun between the holidays:
- Roads and Rails Museum - The kids will love this museum which contains one of the world’s largest model railroad displays. Watch as dozens of miniature trains pass through villages, mountains, and even the circus. This 3D work of art can be fun for everyone.
- Adventure Park USA - When it’s snowing and blowing outside, the quick drive to Adventure Park USA provides hours of family fun. Laser tag, video games, and spinning bumper cars will keep the kids busy. When the sun goes down, check out the drive thru Light Show to hold on to that Christmas feeling.
- Skate Frederick - Nothing satisfies the holiday urges like an evening on the ice rink. Give it a whirl and head on out to Skate Frederick to try this classic winter activity.
- Original Playhouse Museum & Exploratorium - For the younger crowd, the Original Playhouse Museum and Exploratorium is a colorful place where adults and kids engage in play, the battery-free way. This interactive environment is designed to let the imagination blossom.
- I Made This! Pottery Shop - Get out there and make something! I Made This! is the perfect place to explore the art of pottery making with the whole family.
- ShadowLand Laser Adventures - Strap on a suit, enter the 5000 square foot, multi-level arena and prepare for an adventure.
For more great things to see and do in Frederick County, search our event calendar.