Browse by Category
- All categories
- African American Heritage
- Civil War History
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Outdoor Adventure
- Family Fun
- Dining & Culinary
- Scenic Drives
- Festivals and Events
- Historic Cities & Towns
- Visitor Snapshots
- Wineries and Breweries
- Francis Scott Key
- Destination Frederick County Videos
- Visitor Information
- One Day In......
5 Romantic Places in Frederick County
Most Romantic Places in Frederick County
It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to enjoy the romance of Frederick County. Sip wine, picnic in the countryside, or have a romantic dinner for two any time of year. Here are some tips for finding lovely settings in and around Frederick, Maryland.
- Covered Bridges of Frederick County - Exploring the three historic covered bridges of northern Frederick County can make for a romantic drive through the countryside. Pack a picnic to enjoy at one of the adjoining recreational areas at each park.
- Scenic Overlooks - Take in a sunset at a scenic overlook at Gambrill State Park. Three overlooks within this state park provide stunning views of both Downtown Frederick and the Middletown Valley, offering views of Frederick’s famous Clustered Spires and the gently rolling hills and farms on the western slope of Catoctin Mountain.
- Frederick Wine Trail - In Frederick County, scenic roads lead to vintage destinations. Enjoy a romantic wine tasting for two at one of the area’s many vineyards along the Frederick Wine Trail.
- Mountain Falls & Retreat - Hike to Cunningham Falls and then retreat to a luxury log cabin in the woods at nearby Ole Mink Farm to snuggle fireside.
- Stroll Under Downtown Frederick’s Clustered Spires – Whether wandering through shops, sipping coffee, or enjoying a quiet dinner for two, Downtown Frederick’s unique charm lures couples looking for a romantic night out.