Frederick on Tap
Taste, tour and sample at three of Frederick County's award winning breweries.
The Fort, The Flag and The Poet
Walk the streets of Maryland where Francis Scott Key once lived, worshipped, practiced law in the early 1800's, and visit the final resting place of the man who penned the Star-Spangled Banner on this regional tour of Francis Scott Key highlights.
More Information About This Tour
Presidential Playground: Beyond Camp David — The American President In Frederick County, Maryland
Frederick County is home to the presidential retreat of Camp David, so we've seen our share of the nation's decision makers.
Saints and Sinners Tour
From "saintly" Elizabeth Ann Seton to the notoriuos Blazes Still, Frederick County is rife with do-gooders and not-so-do-gooders. Here's a tour full of heavenly fun and a devilishly good time.
Docs & Hops: A Civil War Tour
Civil War docs and locally brewed beer are the theme as you taste and tour through Frederick's fiercely contested ground during the Civil War.
Historic Spaces and Garden Oases
The historic sites and museums of Frederick County provide visitors with a living reminder of our grand past.
Life, Labor and Liberty: The African American Experience
Become acquainted with over two centuries of African American heritage in Frederick County.
Catholic Heritage Tour
Trace the roots of religion in Frederick County by visiting a variety of religious and historic houses of worship, which are sure to inspire.
Covered Bridges & Fall Foliage Tour
Travel through the rolling hills when the leaves are at their peak!
The Holidays In Historic Frederick
Beginning after Thanksgiving, the streets of historic Frederick are decorated with twinkling white lights, making this a truly charming time of the year to visit.
Farm Fresh Frederick
Visit a few of Frederick County's farms, wineries and orchards for a unique tour experience only Frederick County can offer!
Wine, Women & Song
Hear tales of heroic women, like Barbara Fritchie, and visit the final resting place of Francis Scott Key, author of the Star Spangled Banner. Along the way, sip award-winning wines, sample locally brewed craft beer, and dine in buildings that also tell stories of our past.
Please contact Visit Frederick for additional tour suggestions…
- Agricultural Tours: wineries, farm markets, orchard tours and restaurants serving locally raised produce, dairy and meat products are all available to have a farm to table experience.
- Student Tours: Less than 45 minutes from Washington, DC, Gettysburg, and Baltimore, Frederick County makes an ideal home base for your student tours.
- Religious Pilgrimages & Mountain Retreats: Tour the National Shrine of Elizabeth Ann Seton, experience the serenity of the Grotto of the Lourdes, sightsee in the foothills of the Catoctin Mountains or plan your retreat at the Claggett Center.
- Soft Adventure Tours: From the C&O Canal, to the Blue Ridge Mountains, to the untamed beauty of the Potomac and Monocacy Rivers, Frederick County offers a wide range of recreational tours, including rafting, canoeing, biking and hiking.
Group Tour Details
- Frederick On Tap
- The Fort, The Flag and The Poet
- Presidential Playground Tour
- Saints and Sinners Tour
- Civil War Tour
- Historic Houses and Gardens Tour
- Life, Labor and Liberty Tour
- Catholic Heritage Tour
- Covered Bridges & Fall Foliage Tour
- The Holidays in Historic Frederick
- Farm Fresh Frederick
- Wine, Women & Song