Planning Tips for a Perfect Event
It's never too early to start planning. Whenever possible, we encourage you to begin the planning process at least six months before your event. Here are a few important items to consider:
- Think about the type of event, theme, and the overall experience you want to provide for your guests.
- Develop a realistic budget for lodging, meals, entertainment, and special activities.
- Determine preferred dates for your event and a plan for inclement weather.
- Create a timeline for finalizing reservations, making deposits, and confirming plans.
- Estimate the number and age ranges of attendees.
- Select venues suitable for your group's size and interests.
- Consider dining and entertainment options.
- Maintain a list of phone numbers and email addresses for event contacts.
It's Our Pleasure to Assist You
To help you discover everything we have to offer, the Tourism Council of Frederick County offers an abundance of free services and materials, including:
- An official welcome letter and personal appearance at your opening session.
- Consultation to determine the facilities and attractions that meet your needs.
- Recommendations and assistance with planning tours and activities for attendees, their spouses, and families.
- Site visits to lodging and event venues.
- Assistance with proposal requests (RFP's).
- Referrals for event-related vendors (caterers, transportation and entertainment).
- Help with media resources and photos to publicize your meeting to your group or organization.
- Complimentary copies of Destination Frederick for your event attendees - including maps, special offers, and details on shopping, restaurants, museums, and lodging.
- Plastic tote bags to hold area brochures and registration materials.
Please note: Small, complimentary quantities of materials (25 and under) may be mailed to you directly if you live outside of Frederick County. All other quantities should be picked up at the Frederick Visitor Center located at 151 S. East Street, otherwise shipping and postage fees will be incurred by the requestor. If you live in Frederick County and are planning a local event, please pick up complimentary materials at the Visitor Center.