Catoctin Aqueduct

An historic canal structure of great importance to the transportation, structural, cultural and social fabric of Frederick County, the Village of Lander, the C&O Canal, the State of Maryland and our nation. The Catoctin Aqueduct site is where, in 1832, two arch rivals, the C&O Canal and B&O Railroad, first competed to concurrently cross at the same location a major tributary of the Potomac River, Catoctin Creek. It's one of 11 stone aqueducts on the 184-mile long C&O canal.

Locations(s)

0.6 mi west of Lock 29 Lander Road to Lock 29 | Jefferson, MD 21755

Contact Information

Local: (301) 600-2888
Toll Free: (800) 999-3613