Catoctin Furnace/Cunningham Falls State Park
In operation from 1776 to 1903, the Catoctin Iron Furnace was a community in itself. Founders, miners, clerks, charcoal makers, storekeepers, teamsters, and others came together under the iron master's supervision. A furnace stack, the iron master's Manor House ruins, and self-guided trail. Daily: 8am-sunset.
Locations(s)Route 806, Catoctin Furnace Village | Thurmont, MD 21788
Local: (301) 271-7574
Fax: (301) 271-2549
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum