Central Maryland Heritage League
This non-profit land trust preserves South Mountain Battlefield sites and maintains two historical structures, the Lamar Surgical Suite in Middletown and the Dahlgren Chapel atop South Mountain. The chapel is available for wedding and event rentals. Please call first to ensure staff is available to assist you.
Locations(s)PO Box 721 | Middletown, MD 21769
Local: (301) 371-7090
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum