U.S. Army installation, hosting multifaceted health research, logistics and communications services for the safety and health of the nation. Fort Detrick is the largest employer and recognized family friendly place to work. The installation is home to the historic Nallin Farm and new Veterans Administration community health center and five cabinet level agencies.
Locations(s)Porter St. & Military Rd. | Frederick, MD 21702
Local: (301) 619-2018
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum