Frederick (Hessian) Barracks

Closed to the public, pending restoration, except for special events. Completed in 1780, this National Historic Site held captured German soldiers during the Revolution, then it housed a state armory, the county fair, a Civil War hospital, and the first building of Maryland School for the Deaf. Museum exhibits weapons, Civil War militaria, a hearth kitchen, and an antique classroom.

 

Locations(s)

101 Clarke Place | Frederick, MD 21701

Contact Information

Local: (301) 360-1455
Fax: (301) 360-1400