Accepted Credit Cards
National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
The National Fallen Firefighters Memorial and a 9/11 Memorial entitled "To Lift a Nation" are located on the campus of the National Emergency Training Center in Emmitsburg. In likeness of the famous 9/11 photograph of three firefighters raising the American flag on Ground Zero, a 40-foot-tall bronze monument was created to honor the heroic firefighters who lost their lives during the September 11, 2001 tradegy.
Locations(s)16825 S. Seton Ave., O Building | Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Local: (301) 447-1365
Fax: (301) 447-1645
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum