Frederick County Fire and Rescue Museum
We are proud to have opened the Frederick County Fire & Rescue Museum and the National Fire Heritage Center. See displays that highlight apparatus, equipment and pictures of the colorful history of the Frederick County fire and rescue service. Featured units will include a 1939 Ahrens-Fox piston pumper owned by the United Steam Fire Engine Company No. 3 and the "Old Lady" 1821 hand tub pumper that served both Frederick and Libertytown. Learn about plans for the office and research center of the National Fire Heritage Center, a national organization that is in the process of developing a national fire service archive in Emmitsburg.
Locations(s)300B S. Seton Ave. Box 382 | Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Local: (301) 898-5578
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum